Water Meters

  • All accounts that receive water service are required to have a meter. 
  • Water meters are generally located inside and are commonly located in a mechanical room or crawl space. 
  • During quarterly reads, District personnel read a remote on the outside of the home.  Some remotes are analog which require personnel to walk up to the home to read the remote and others are the new radio style which can be read on the meter wand by just being near the home.  (See below for District approved devices)
  • Hydrant meters are available for rental.  Please contact us for additional information. 

    Water meters need to be calibrated!!  Water meters consist of an inside meter which measures water use and a reader which “sends” the reading to a remote meter outside the home.  This way every quarter, District meter readers can get a reading without having to get inside your home.  When the inside and outside meters lose “calibration”, the readings are not consistent and a plumber is required to get the units calibrated.  As older model water meters fail, customers need to purchase new, “radio read” meters which are more reliable.  Below you will find the specifications of the meters we require.  Grand Junction Pipe is the place to call to get new parts and meters (970) 963-5700.